Menu
Monday: *Mushrooms and zucchini in miso broth over brown rice
Fresh snap peas
Fruit
Tuesday: **Chickpea, kale, corn and quinoa salad
Cucumber slices
Fresh Fruit
Wednesday: ***Ants on a log
Carrot sticks
Cheddar cheese blocks
Rasberry oatmeal "muffins" (it's just rasberry, maple syrup, flax seed, egg, and oatmeal)
Blueberries
*Mushrooms and zucchini in miso broth
-tbsp butter
-half an onion
-container of crimini mushrooms (I am sure any would work), sliced
-one zucchini, sliced
-one cup of miso broth (I like to cook with a mellow white miso)
Saute onion in butter. Add veggies and broth. Cook until the zucchini and mushrooms are at desired consistency. I cook only for a few minutes because I like the veggies to remain hearty, I just make sure that I can get a fork in them. Serve over brown rice (any grain would do).
**We got corn and kale in the organic vegetable box so I wanted to make something that used both veggies
Chickpea, kale, corn and quinoa salad.
-two cups quinoa cooked according to the directions in veggie broth
-one ear of cooked corn, corn cut off
-1 TBSP olive oil
-one small yellow onion, diced
-one bunch of lanciato kale
-half a lemon, juiced
-1 can of Eden Organic (BPA free lined cans) of chickpeas
Saute onion in olive oil until soft, add kale and cook on low until wilted. Set aside. Mix quinoa, corn, and chickpeas. Add the lemon juice. Add kale mixture. Toss. Put in fridge for awhile and eat cold.
***So, while at the store yesterday, I saw that fresh made almond
butter was on sale. So, I decided that the kids might rather fresh
almond butter ants on a log than braised celery.
OLD MENU ITEM:
Braised celery over cous-cous
Carrot sticks
Raspberries from our garden
No comments:
Post a Comment