Sweet potato/potato pancakes
Broccoli rice pancakes
Pears & Apples
![]() | ||
| The lunch pancakes |
I also had a large bunch of yummy broccoli so I decided to make a new recipe so that I can try it out on the kids. The broccoli pancakes turned out wonderfully and I think that I will make them a regular at our house because they can be so easily warmed up as leftovers and they are super healthy to boot! I used ground flax seed, farm fresh eggs, and almond meal as binders so they have omega-3s and protein.
Both pancakes are firm enough to be held in the hand while eaten so it makes clean up after dinner a breeze.
Sweet potato/ potato pancakes:
-Yellow onion,chopped
-Four yukon gold potatoes (unpeeled and grated)
-One large sweet potato
-2 eggs, beaten
-1/4 c brown rice flour (any flour would be great)
-Fennel frond, chopped
-Coriander, ground, 1 tsp
-Salt
Heat the oven to 350. Mix the onion, potatoes, and sweet potatoes (I then got a cheese cloth and squeezed some of the liquid out of the potato blend because I once read that it best to get the liquid out of the potato before making lattkes but I am not sure if this is necessary). Then add the remainder of the ingredients and mix together. I found a jar lid in the cubbord that was the perfect size and used it to mold the pancakes. I filled the jar lid with the mixture and placed it onto a greased baking sheet. Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Take them out, turn them over and bake for another 10-20 minutes. They were browned on both sides when I took them out of the oven. Let cool for a few minutes.
*I think that applesauce would be a good addition.
*For regular potato pancakes, omit the sweet potato, fennel, and coriander. Add chopped chives or green onions and pepper. Serve with sour cream and chives.
Broccoli rice pancakes:
-Yellow onion, chopped
-one bunch of broccoli, chopped (I used a food processor)
-three cups of cooked brown rice
-1/2 c to 1 c of cheddar cheese grated small (I used a half cup but I think that 1 c would work too)
-1/4 c almond flour
-1/4 c ground flax seed
-2 eggs, beaten
-Tbs parsley (I used dried but would have loved to use fresh)
-Salt
-Pepper
Heat oven to 350. Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl. I used the same same jarlid that I used for the potato pancakes to form the rice cakes. Put them on a greased cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes then turn and back for another 10-20 minutes. Just check on them throughout to ensure a nice browning all sides.
*These are yummy serviced with sour cream and chives.

No comments:
Post a Comment