Tuesday, May 29, 2012

May 30, 2012

Keeping it simple this week. I saw tons of snap peas this weekend at the farmers market so I thought that the kids should try them steamed.

Menu:
Brown rice with basil
Steamed veggies (snap peas and broccoli)
Basil butter *so the kids can put a dab on top of the veggies and watch it melt
Carrot sticks
Apples
 &
**Borscht (beets, cabbage, carrots, onion soup with a little vinegar)  I am just sending a little of this so that everyone can have a taste.  I have been getting so many yummy beets and I have tons of cabbage so I made this soup dish that can be served cold or hot.  We eat this a lot in Pennsylvania where there is a large Eastern European community.  It is full of vitamins, helps with your digestive tract, and is a beautiful bright red. I wasn't sure though that the kids would like it so I thought that they could try it out a little at this meal :)

Steamed veggies.  They should only be steamed for a few minutes.  The green color should be bright and vibrant.

Beets, cabbage, and carrots...BORSCHT

No comments:

Post a Comment